Reflections


1. One person on this campus who has influenced me in a positive way is Mr. Leung. He taught me that no matter what happens in life, you have to keep trying and never give up. A specific moment that I remember clearly was Mr. Leung helping me out with recommendation letters for a summer program. I wasn’t really optimistic about getting into one of them because it was a really selective program, but Mr. Leung said I had to change my mindset and focus on presenting myself the best I can, and not worrying about the results of my application, but resting easy knowing that I put everything I had into it.

2. My most valuable possession is probably my car keys. I got it from my parents after I got my license, and basically having a car represents freedom for me. After I got a car, I could go anywhere I wanted after school instead of going directly home, and I could hang out with my friends a lot more and my schedule just in general was a lot more flexible. Without my car keys, everyday, I would go home directly from school, and do homework and pretty much sit around and do nothing, so being blessed to have a car has dramatically changed my life. Also, being able to drive around by myself has given me a feeling of a lot more responsibility, especially since I have to drive my little brother around, and my parents are placing a huge responsibility on my shoulders.

3. My most important in-class lesson was probably in your class Ms. Ene! The lesson where you talked about having a growth mindset really influenced me, and ever since I have tried to change my outlook to a growth mindset instead of a fixed mindset. I am still working on it, but I hope that I will be able to have a growth mindset soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Lyrics

Favorite Novel