Favorite Novel

My favorite novel is How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. I read this book back in 7th grade, and I found a lot of the material really useful in real life. Although I didn't really remember a lot of it, the one thing that I remember (and use) today is the fact that people like to hear themselves talk, and it is always better to be the listener rather than the speaker, as it causes people to like being around you more because they get to talk more about themselves. Usually, when you read novels, they have underlying themes and motifs, but they aren't that applicable in real life except for How to Win Friends and Influence People, because I could immediately start applying the advice in my life and see results immediately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Lyrics